Tuesday, March 22

Poetry?

Heres what i wrote in chapel today, plus afew lines from previous chapels

In a school called fairfield, not so far away I got off the bus, saw children run out to play I walked in, through those gates of dread And passed in, my feat like lead We gathered in the square, the students and I Sitting bored, hearing the bell's cry

The period first was science, a boring class indeed The teachers dreary droning, made me feel like weathered reed I waited for it to end, enduring the boar Craving somethin interesting, some joke or score I endured quietly, as the time ticked by And jumped for the joy, when the period’s end was nigh

Chapel started, and my day turned worse As the hypnosis started, I thought my eardrums would burst I sat there, my boredom mounting The sermon went on, monotonous words counting They spoke of roots, respect and lore, And for others and I, it did bore

Then came mathematics, the worst of the day With the zombie teacher, coming right this way His words wore me, right to the bone Care less I would, than a bush, fig or stone So I sat there tired, my mind wasing away In a school called fairfield, not so far away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home