Monday, April 25

I watched as the sun rose slowly. Tinting the sky with a pale orange glow. Drawing away the fleeting darkness. Thickening the soon to be gone shadows of the night. I waited beside a tree. Its shaded branches filled with lush leaves as only they appear in the full height of spring. Glistening with the morning dew, the tree appeared from afar a grand majestic oak, covered in leaves of shining silver and green. I watched the slow movement of the awakening land. A bird perched on a high tree, surveying calmly the arising sun. A small rabbit, crawling across the grass.I looked to the lake, clear as crystal, reflecting the lazy meandering of the sun as it rose into the sky. That was nature, glorious in all its wondrous peace and beauty! Behind me i heard the call of my brother, clear and resonant, beckoning me to return to the prison of the city. I hesitated, tempted to linger a little longer still, in this precious paradise of the mind. But reason won out, and i returned that day solemnly to the torturous imprisonment of the urban jungle. They say emotion clouds reason, I say reason is flawed, and that without emotion, you do not live, you merely exist.

This is something i wrote completely out of the blue and subsequently forgot about roughly one month ago. I was looking for my brother's poems (Jamin or Er Ge) seeing as i was feeling guilt over posting my other brother's poems and not posting his. Consequently, i found several outdated essays i wrote for school (which i deleted), a couple of nice poems i had forgot about, the paragraph you see above and well none of my brother's poems (sorry Er Ge), Oh well.

OBS is coming up, its four days away actually, and i have had absolutely no training or proper equipment and preparations (or whatever it is you do for these things). I am probably quite unfit (seeing as i did rather badly at NAPFA today) and should not be doing things like Outward Bound at all, but who really cares, i'll just go there and have fun (thats the idea right) and maybe break a leg or two.

Ok, must study for E math test tomorrow now, i'm off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home