Friday, February 10

A Day of Reckoning has come and gone

My hectic and gruelling week has finally come to a close, roughly. Me and my team have slogged our guts out, coping with sec 4 mountains of homework, a few tests and tons of debate practice (actually we only really did stuff on today, tuesday and wednesday, but hey we did stuff) and all of it culimnated in a debate that ended slightly over 4 hours ago. Basically, I still have mountains of homework, tests to study for and debates to prepare for but something did happen tonight. The moment of reckoning came and we screwed up and lost to VJC's IP program.

I guess we should have seen it coming. The motion we got was a reall b****. This House Believes That Schools should Prohibit students from creating their own Blogs. I mean what kinda retarded motion is that. Not only is it a nightmare to define, it contradicts a whole ton of my own beliefs and I have (or rather had) to defend it as my team was given the proposition side of the debate. As the opposition said, blogs are just avenues for people to express themselves and there isn't really any compelling reason to prohibit them. But grumbles and gripes aside, VJC put up a good debate (even if they didn't have the guts to debate with us on our terms properly and used a gutless definitional challenge to shift the motion into their favour while leaving us in the cold. As if the motion wasn't unfair enough.), I guess after nearly a year without serious debating, my team and I have really gotten rusty. Oh well, theres always a next time, hopefully.

Later

2 Comments:

At 3:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what can we say... mark gabriel sucks at making motions... that freaking b****

 
At 8:26 am, Blogger aerasio said...

haha yeah man, damn retard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home