Thursday, June 22

The Zoo

The enclosed beast regarded me calmly, before taking a lazy swim in the artificial moat surrounding its home. An aura of superiority hung about it, enthralling the viewer and filling him with a sense of inferiority and inadequacy. It was a tiger, a veritable king of the jungle, with the Chinese word "king" emblazoned on its forehead. Its coat was fine white fur, for he was a white bengali tiger. A rare gem among a dying race. I looked at the fearsome creature, wondering what it could possibly be thinking. It looked up at me, as if in response and gazed at me once more, with the same coolly superior look in its eyes.

“What a quaint little man, I wonder why he gawks at me like that.” It must have thought. Then again it probably was thinking something more along the lines of, “Hmmm, he looks tasty, I wonder how I could get a bite of him.”

It wasn’t reassuring that he immediately proceeded to climb to the highest point in his enclosure and start pushing longish logs around.


Zoo's are fun aren’t they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home