Sunday, July 30

A funny kind of feeling

Its late friday night, most of my friend have gone already. A few still sit around the house, playing winning eleven or some mahjong. I watch some of them leave, walking them out of my gate and to the nearby bus stop.

As the buses drive off, dissapearing into the concrete jungle, I walk slowly back to my home. A thought springs to mind. I realize that I never will be a student at Fairfield again. Its a funny kind of feeling, a kind of sad depression mixed with longing and unease. I would never need to endure Ms Hia's airhead rambles or Ms Ong's self-righteous preaching or Ms Wong's angry raving. I won't get to laugh at Yunxing's lame ass jokes or hear Sherman's brilliant quips or refute Clarence's next frivolous idea. Its bleakly depressing.

Its true what they say I guess, that you only miss something after you've lost it. School never had been my favourite place to be. It still isn't I guess, because its not school that I miss. Frank Herbert taught me something when I read Dune, parting with people is a sadness, but a place is just a place.

As I walk up the driveway, I see my friends laughing and shouting at the latest goal. At least I'll see them today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home