Thursday, September 7

In the Land of the Free

So its been one and a half weeks since I've got here and things are going ok. I haven't died of culture shock or had any deadly reactions to the food or been alienated into social nonexistence or anything nasty like that. So yeah, things are going great. Classes started yesterday, which really means that my professors got to introduce themselves and tell us that the real classes start next week.

I still miss home though. Despite the fact that I've made new friends and am very interested in my classes, I still wish that I could be in the little red dot called Singapore. Its funny how, inconsequential things like your sister's giggles and your best friends antics and even your brother's gaming advice become so endearing and longed for when they are absent. Still, I guess I'll just have to muddle my way through without them and endeavour to do well in college.

I know some people have been asking incessantly for photos, so here are some from my trip to the mall of America with my International Students Orientation Group.









Later

5 Comments:

At 10:29 pm, Blogger happiwife said...

WOW! cool pictures.
are you the youngest there???

 
At 7:13 am, Blogger J Schnorng said...

500+ words is nothing, man. Just remember that this blog entry is already somewhere in the vicinity of 200 words, and you'll be fine - how hard can it be? For your first couple essays, don't beat yourself up and stuff - just churn them out; a good way to do this is to think of 3 or 4 solid arguments you want to forward and organize your thoughts around getting them out in as clear and concise a fashion as possible. You can do it, Jeremy.

P.S. Why you never reply to my emails har?

 
At 3:04 pm, Blogger aerasio said...

eve: yeah I am the youngest :P

Da Ge: thanks, and I thought I replied you the time I talked to you on skype

 
At 3:42 pm, Blogger le radical galoisien said...

Eh, another international student from Singapore, but you people seem to join the big cities or the West Coast or something, living New England me alone. :/

What's with all my sec 4 friends (or friends of friends) moving into American universities?

Alors, I guess I'm stuck here because I moved here first at the age of 5, went back to Singapore at 10, and moved back for the second time at 14.

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger aerasio said...

yeah well sometimes life is like that. (shrugs)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home