Monday, October 2

random writing

Memory:
The pleasant autumn wind blew gently, tugging at her hair like a playful child. Her scent carried in the breeze, filling me with a serene sense of peace. The golden sunlight danced around her figure, illuminating it with a orange glow, the aura of an angel. She swirls around, arms outstretched, whirling in the raining leaves, all golden brown. I catch sight of her eyes, they are smiling, with a joy that came from her soul. I smile at her, and hope it will never end......

Memory:
A laugh flows in from across the beach. I turn from the majesty of the waves to the splendour of her face, reddened with exertion. She's saying something, but I can't hear it. All I can do is be amazed, enraptured in wonder at this marvel of creation. Like the giant waves of the ocean my heart swells to see her. "I'm in love" the thought comes...... Panic, confusion and doubt suddenly surge through my mind, but only for a moment. Then she smiles at me, and the overwhelming tide of her joy and life sweep everything aside until all I am left with is that single most disarming emotion, giddy happiness......

Memory:
Smoke is everywhere, all is black and hot and smoky. I am on the ground, but my mind is somewhere far off. My body rubs its eyes and pushes itself upward. It reaches out wildly for some form of purchase and finds it in a bent street lamp. Staggering to my feet, I try to take a hold of my senses. I struggle to think, desperately trying to remember what just happened. Then my vision clears, I see the wreckage, the carnage. I remember, and I wish to God I hadn't......

Dream:
I hear her laughter, her voice. The song of her soul plays across my mind. The touch of her hand, the scent of her breath, the sight of her face. A cold hall stretches forth in the eye of my mind. She stands, back toward me at the end. I reach for her, straining. I start running, with all my might, I reach forward, but the distance does not close. She turns and smiles, and waves, slowly... almost mournfully. The door behind her opens, a white light shines from beyond, possessing an unearthly quality... I strain further, trying to shout a warning, a declaration, a plea... But my mouth is dry, my lips are chapped, no words come out, no sound is heard. The silence thickens untill all I hear is the beating of my heart, the pang of its pain and the keening lament of my soul... The light envelops her, consumes her... I glimpse her hand one last time, then darkness. The door is closed, and it will never open, again......





Melodramatic mayhap, but pretty. Critique please!

2 Comments:

At 9:47 am, Blogger Dylon said...

i think i kinda forgot what is critique for a second. that was. W-O-W! LOL. seriously. CHEERS!

 
At 11:34 pm, Blogger aerasio said...

thanks mate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home