Monday, October 16

There once was I, a boy floating by
who swayed along in the breeze
Cynical notions of terrestrial emotions
they came to mind with ease
Lonely it was, overflowing with doubt
those first days at Fairfield were
But the tides soon changed with a proffered hand
in ELDDS I emerged

There I saw a most frenzied lot
a passionate bunch so carefree
The passion of speaking without knowing meaning
soon took hold in my heart
With luck and grit I was placed on the spit
as one of Fairfields debate team
With boisterous humour I forced opponents to a stupor
and gracelessly played my sport

I joined a production of depression and cunning
about the follies of youth
The folks were great the taskmistress sedate
the times we had were swell
Twas there that I fell swiftly into a spell
of the bewitchment of a crush
But I was cowardly and the year passed solemnly
my hope and chance had passed

Then in my second year, arose new manure
My form teacher spoke chinese
The sarcastic quartet and its stinging duets
I strove to sing to please
Mandopop dancing and bitchy fencing
I endured silently and cringed
Funfairs and mugging, the top class I was in
and in retrospect, twas fun indeed

In the 3rd year things changed, I was cast astray
into a class I knew not
I joined another production and led debate to a destruction
of its previous feelings of doubt
To the semi-finals, we marched



I got this far before realizing that this was a whole load of carp and that I was wasting my time. Go figure

1 Comments:

At 3:17 pm, Blogger anon. said...

yes; you'd better watch it when you're producing a boatload of fish...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home