Wednesday, November 15

Hello says I, to the passing soul
hello I say, it goes untold
It goes on, walking not stopping
into the light, golden and shining
Why do I chase, I wonder slowly
why can't I grasp it, this golden figure?

Wait says I, yet it passes by
it passes on, onward to heaven

The glow of gold, and clouds of white
the bright blessed day, and dark sacred night
The place of song, the haven of dreams
where God smiles on, all creation pleased
From yonder I glance, heaven on high
I want to follow, why can't I?

The siren song, of Earthly callings
I am lulled by, its wretched tune

The dream of bliss, the wish of folly
the dashing legend, the romantic story
The glint of gold, the great last stand
fame's great caress, from an unholy hand
Simple lust, is turned to passion
I want to believe it, abandon caution

The dark beast of sin, drags me by the heel
my heel harms it not, heaven grows further still

Whence cometh my salvation, if it cometh at all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home