Sunday, April 8

My trip to Portugal (minus descriptions)

You know, I could ramble on about how pleasant the Portuguese wind was, or how tasty Porto's egg tarts were, but I get the feeling that everybody who reads this blog would just rush ahead to the pictures anyway, so I'm gonna post afew random pictures from my spring break trip I thought looked pretty and let you figure out the rest on your own. I'll even give you helpful captions. Besides, if you're really interested, you'll send me angry messages/comments/emails or better yet, actually bother to ask me in person how I spent spring break.

A picture says a thousand words right?


Day 1: A view of Oxford from the top of a church tower on a very uncharacteristically clear day (especially by English standards)


Day 3: A view of Porto, Portugal's old capital. Pretty much the entire area that you see here is marked as a world heritage site by the UN.


Day 4 (I think): The avenue of allies in Porto


Day 5: A view of the nearby area of Villa de Conde


Day 5: The beaches of Villa de Conde


Day 6: The cathedral at Bragga, a nearby town once famed as the spiritual center of Portugal. Now it's just another tourist attraction.

We spent Day 7 and 8 shopping and eating and there wasn't much of interest. Day 9 was the day we got back to Oxford, slept for a few hours and then promptly flew back to America. But......


Day 10: We only have a day 10 because our Air India flight got delayed and Mom and I got stuck in Chicago, so heres the Cityscape from Millennium park.


It was nice, I recommend it to anyone with nothing better to do.

If you want to see the full-sized pictures, go here.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 am, Blogger happiwife said...

is that you in the picture for day 6 (standing on the left)? your hair so SO long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home