Saturday, July 21

being back

It's funny to notice how time goes. To not be caught up in the moment and watch as the moments of your life flow by, as if you were somehow watching your life as though you were watching a movie, seeing someone else move in first-person, but being completely unable to stop or avert the inexorable flow of time.

It's somewhat vexing to realize however that I have slightly more than a month left before I have to return to the bustle of life in an american university. I am thankful though, that I was able to return home, to enjoy a generous respite in the country of my birth, to catch up with family and friends, and to have some quiet to reflect, and think, and perhaps grow a little closer to God... However, as always, the days of rest seem far too short and few between, and as my time in Singapore draws to a close, I find myself looking forward to the work that lies ahead, preparing myself for the tasks that must be done, thinking of what I "ought to" and "got to" do.

Then again, maybe I'll just play sommore dynasty warriors and leave all that till later...



Other thoughts:
-Jazz music (jazz piano in particular) is pretty dang cool, especially the sort that leans toward the blues.

-Also, I've been reading C.S. Lewis' Letters to Children, it gives some fairly interesting insights into the man himself, so if you were ever curious about the guy who thought up Narnia, go read it.

-And lastly, anyone wanna go cycling sometime? Like in Ubin or something? East Coast is good too. Alternatively, if you'd like to just grab a coffee or something that's cool too, I just wanna make sure I've caught up with everyone I haven't seen in nine months (which on second thought, is outrageously ambitious of me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home