Friday, January 18

I walked to the park again earlier this week. The streets were icy, the air cold, but it felt like it was something I needed to do... so I did, and trudged through the Minnesotan weather toward...

What? What was it I was looking for? Why did I want to stand there again, alone in the freezing air?

I guess I wasn't sure myself.
However, I went anyway, passing by the same houses and trees that I did a season ago. There was something strangely tragic about it, something infinitely depressing about seeing everything that was once bright and merry covered in a blanket of foggy white. The dogs we had played with and laughed at no longer barked or ran outside. The elementary school across the road was silent, no kids were running out to play in the golden sun of before. The neighborhood felt empty, deserted except for the occassional car sputtering through the icy streets. It was a lonely place to be...

The park itself was emptier still, or as much so as it could be. It was as though a stasis had descended upon the area, leaving it devoid of feeling or happiness. I looked back at the memories I had of it, the many times spent with friends, and squirrels, and her... and I looked up to the bleak sky and sat there and prayed...

I felt better and walked back to my life, away from the park of the past...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home